Full-Service Community Schools
Ban Ka Santu 2019Full-Service Community Schools provide comprehensive academic, social, and health services for students, students’ family members, and community members that will result in improved educational outcomes for children.
These services may include:
- high-quality early learning programs and service
- remedial education aligned with academic supports and other enrichment activities, providing students with a comprehensive academic program;
- family engagement, including parental involvement, parent leadership, family literacy, and parent education programs;
- mentoring and other youth development programs;
- community service and service learning opportunities;
- programs that provide assistance to students who have been chronically absent, truant, suspended, or expelled;
- job training and career counseling services;
- nutrition services and physical activities;
- primary health and dental care;
- activities that improve access to and use of social service programs and programs that promote family financial stability;
- mental health services; and adult education, including instruction of adults in English as a second language.
(from the US Department of Education)